Tuesday, September 15

Collecting my thoughts





I had a brainwave the other day whilst looking at the brief we were set for summer. It's funny, sometimes just re-reading the original instructions after a period of research does a world of good, the words seem to mean completely different things to only a few weeks previous. My idea? Make a tea towel instead of a poster/catalogue/book to display my collection! It totally fits in with the 'nesting' element and doubles up on the idea of my items being domestic and housewifely.

So yesterday I spent the whole day painting paper in the yummiest shades of turquoise going, drawing my objects and cutting them out of the painted paper with a scalpel. I am pretty chuffed with the result if I do say so myself.  I think the typography is the most satisfying as it's all been inspired by the turquoise books I found and from the lid of my segmented tupperware container. I've sent off the design to have it printed (only 1 of them I'm afraid though) and fingers crossed it'll arrive soon. I'd have printed it myself but the print room at uni has been bulldozed and I don't know if the new one is ready yet! 

I'm also really pleased with collage original, clearly I will be doing more scalpel work this year as it seems to keep popping up as a solution to my work, remember this

6 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous Anna! and i know it's going to look fab as a tea towel too... i can imagine you dong a whole line of these for your wee etsy shop... ;)

oh and i love your bed pic from the last post, i too would be very tempted!

have a fab day,
emma
x

Louise said...

I love the typography too! It's gorgeous...
(*)

We Blog Artists said...

This is GREAT what a MAJOR creative explosion you had...love it.
Have a great week!
I think you'd on to something!!!
Char

Bee Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the objects are just perfect, as though you chose them for the tea towel, don't you think? I hope you print more for your shop, i'd love one.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I do so love this! I agree that the typography makes it - all the different typefaces look great together (and the handlettering makes it feel even more nesty). I'm sure it's going to look great on a tea towel.

lu summers said...

anna, anna, anna. bloody brilliant. am not worthy to be your pal. ps, i want one please, christmas just around the corner and everything...