Sunday, January 31

Lisa de John and Scott Patt



I love these two new pieces by Lisa de John and Scott Patt. They're for an upcoming show at Artstream Studios of colaborative work made by couples. I love the concept, it's something that really interests me.

So often whilst we work and blog it feels like we're all chipping away at our own little mountain - I don't quite know what that means, but bear with me - and it can be quite isolating. I don't know how easy I would find it to work with someone else on a project, as I fear I maybe a bit of a control freak! But imagine the possibilities! I wonder if it makes it easier or harder to make creative decisions with a romantic partner as opposed to a working partner?

2 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

Hey Anna,I think partners are challenging no matter what...I run a Mum and Baby trade show...and I have a partner for that...and I am just about to illustrate a series of books which my good friend who writes the books will be my partner. Be honest and true...and remember...you can talk things through.
I love this work by Lisa and Scott.
Thanks for sharing.
Char

Anonymous said...

hi anna,

thanks for posting Lisa and my work. It was wonderful to be able to do a piece with my wife. I'm thankful that Susan at the gallery held the show. All the things you wrote about are challenges but the great part about working with your partner is finding the spaces where you fit together and where you don't. As well as conceptually envisioning and realizing the metaphorical space where you both reside. It is wonderful.

That being said, partnerships are always work and require difficult honesty at times. But at the end of the day it usually makes the final product that much better and the relationship deeper and stronger.

thanks again,

scott