Friday, May 10

Knitting Typography



 













  






After teaching a summer school last year and having all my treasured vintage typography books go missing (it still hurts to think of it), I've been looking out for a source of vintage typography loveliness. And now I've found it...

I was going through another bag of the stuff that seems to make its way into my car after each trip to my parents' and this time it was my Granny's knitting patterns. The adverts in the back are great. Who wouldn't wear a twinset called "Patricia"? The lettering comes in all shapes and sizes and has me twitching for a dip-pen and ink session, studying and enlarging letterforms.

2 comments:

oh so lovely said...

I loved scrolling through all these images...so inspiring! There's something about typography that gets me every time!

tanjawilmot said...

yes, I agree - loved scrolling through these, thanks for collating them.